Independent Schools Council reports census data
The Independent Schools Council’s (ISC) 2023 census has revealed that in January 2023 the average day school fee had reached, £16,656, up 5.8% on the year. The average boarding school fee jumped 5.2% to £39,006.
All 1,395 schools in UK membership of the constituent associations of ISC completed the survey
Other highlights were:
- Record amounts are being spent on bursaries — more than £1 billion.
- Independent schools have been supporting more than 2,000 Ukrainian
- The average day school fee of £16,656 represents a 37% from the £12,153 average in 2013.
- The average boarding fee of £39,006 is 41% higher than the £27,600 average in 2013, with the rises largely reflecting government levels of wage inflation.
- 8% of new independent school pupils had switched from the state sector, while 29.7% had come from other independent schools.